Ben Stokes Wiki Biography: Benjamin Andrew Stokes better known as Ben Stokes is a British Cricketer who was born in Christchurch, New Zealand. Stokes along with his family moved to England when he was of 12 years old and started playing cricket there.
Initially Stokes played professional cricket for his School team and then he played for Cockermouth Cricket Club. Ben made his first-class debut for Durham in 2009. In the year 2011, Stokes got selected for his national team and made his ODI debut against Ireland.
Ben Stokes made his IPL debut in 2017 when he was bought by Rising Pune Supergiants. Then in 2018, Ben was bought by Rajasthan Royals franchise. Stokes has been playing for Rajasthan Royals since 2018.
Also Read:- Jos Buttler Wiki Biography
|Full Name||Benjamin Andrew Stokes|
|Nick Name||Ben Stokes|
|Date Of Birth||June 4, 1991|
|Birth Place||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|Batting||Left Hand Batsman|
|Bowling||Right Arm Fast Medium|
- Ben Stokes first played cricket for his Cockermouth School and then played for the Cockermouth Cricket Club.
- Stokes made his Domestic debut in 2010 for Durham Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi. Later that year he also made his Championship Debut for Durham.
- Ben’s performances in First class cricket earned him a call for National Team for Australia tour in 2010-11 Ashes.
Start Of International Career
- He made his ODI debut against Ireland on 25th August 2011 but didn’t performed well in his debut match scoring only 3 runs but he was selected in the T20 Squad for a T20 series against West Indies and made his T20 debut on 23rd September 2011.
- But in 2012, Ben didn’t play for England due to continuous injuries.
- Later in 2013, Ben was again selected in England’s Test team when he was selected for the Ashes 2013-14 and made his test debut on 5th December 2013 in the Ashes 2013-14.
- Ben was then ruled out of T20 World Cup 2014 due to injury. He got injured while punching the locker.
- Ben was not selected in England’s squad for 2015 World Cup.
- Then in 2016, Stokes was selected in the England’s Squad for 2016 T20 World Cup. England was runners up in the tournament and lost the final to West Indies as 19 runs were required in the final over and Stokes bowled the final over. West Indies’ All-rounder Carlos Brathwaite smashed four consecutive sixes to Stokes in final over to win the T20 World Cup for West Indies.
Rise In His Career
- Ben Stokes was even the part of England’s Squad for 2017 ICC Championship Trophy.
- Then he was selected for England’s Squad for 2019 World Cup and in the opening match Ben was awarded man of the match as he took the catch of Andile Phehlukwayo and that catch is described as one of the greatest catches of all time. Ben even scored 89 runs from 79 balls in that match.
- In 2019 World cup, England reached the finals and Stokes’ unbeaten 84 helped England to draw the match.
- Then Ben batted with Jos Buttler in the super over but super over was also a draw. Then because of Boundary Count Rule, England were eventually made the champions that year as a result England won an ICC World Cup for the first time in 2019.
- During 3rd Test of 2019 Ashes, England were bowled out for 67 runs in the first innings but in second innings, Ben played one of the greatest innings of all time. He made unbeaten 135 in second innings and helped his team in chasing a mammoth score of 359.
- Ben made his IPL debut in 2017 and he was bought by Rising Pune Supergiants for 14.5 Crores Rupees that season. In the same year, he made his maiden IPL century against Gujarat Lions.
- Then in the 2018 IPL season, Stokes was bought by Rajasthan Royals for 12.5 Crores and he was the most expensive player in the 2018 IPL Auction.
- He is an integral part of Rajasthan Royals squad now and is playing for them since 2018.
Ben Stokes Age, Height, Weight
Stokes’s.age is 29 years. His height is 6 Feet and his weight is 80 kgs. His eyes and hairs colour are Blue and Blonde respectively.
|Height||In feet- 6 Feet|
In centimetre- 185
|Weight||In kilogram- 80 kg|
In Pound- 176.37 lbs
|Age in 2020||29 Years|
|Shoe Size||9 UK|
Ben Stokes’ Family
Ben Stokes was born June 4,1991 in Christchurch, New Zealand. His father’s name is Gerard Stokes who was a Rugby League Player and Coach. His mother’s name Deborah Stokes. In 2003, Ben’s family moved to England when he was 12 years old. In 2013, his Parents moved back to Christchurch, New Zealand and settled there with Ben’s Brothers.
Married Life and Girlfriend
Ben Stokes is Married. He is married to Clare Ratcliffe. The couple has 2 children.
- Ben’s favourite Batsman is Kevin Pietersen.
- His favourite bowlers is Dale Steyn.
- His favourite food is Omelette.
- He also likes playing PC Games.
- Ben’s likes to play in Sydney Cricket Ground and Wankhede Stadium.
- His favourite sports personalities are John McEnroe and Roger Federer.
Tom Curran Wiki Biography, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Family, Career & more/
Ben Stokes’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||Approx $10 Million|
|Does Ben Stokes consume Alcohol?||Yes|
|Does Ben smoke Cigarettes?||No|
|Can Ben swim?||Yes|
|Is Stokes a Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is Stokes a Jogger?||Yes|
|Hobbies||Listening Music and Driving|
|Food||Omelette and Prawn Curry|
BEN STOKES:- Life At A Glance
MAN OF BIG STAGE: SIR BEN STOKES
This left-handed New Zealand born English cricketer is one of the GOAT in cricket field. He plays as a pace bowling all-rounder for English cricket team in all the formats and for Rajasthan royals in IPL. Stokes is one of the most important members of the English team. He is also serving as vice captain for English team in Test and ODI format.
His career can be divided in 2 phases.
- Stokes is the son of a former rugby league player and coach Gerard He moved to England at the age of 12, after his father was appointed head coach of a Town rugby league and Ben started playing cricket for CCC (Cockermouth Cricket Club).
- He played in the 2010 Under-19 World Cup. Stokes made his senior England debut in a One Day International against Ireland in 2011. In 2013 his parents have moved back to New Zealand along with Ben’s brothers. He was selected for 2013–14 Ashes series against Australia and became the 658th player to represent England in Tests. He was only English batsman to score a hundred in that series.
- Stokes was ruled out of the T20 World Cup 2014 due to injury caused by punching a locker after winning a game against West indies. He was also ignored for 2015 ODI WC because of poor returns. In 2016 series against South Africa, Stokes then hit a career-best score of 258(167 balls), which comprised of 30 fours and 11 sixes. He became second fastest double centurion in the history of test cricket. Stokes bowled the final over of the T20 World Cup 2016 final against the West Indies, but went for four consecutive sixes hit by the West Indian Carlos Brathwaite. West Indies required 19 runs in the final over and England were so close to the win, but in the end lost the match and the World Cup, and finished as runners-up.
- He was named as part of the ‘Team of the Tournament’ at the 2017 Champions Trophy but England lost to Pakistan in semi-final. Then Stokes was selected in England’s squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup. In the final against New Zealand, his innings comprised of 84 which included 2 sixes in the final over, to tie the game. He then batted in the super with Jos Buttler which again was a tie, but England won the match because of the boundary count rule. For his contributions he was named man of the match in final. Stokes played a pivotal role in giving England ultimately to draw the 2019 Ashes series 2–2 and his match winning century in Headingly test is regarded as one of the greatest test innings ever played.
QUICK FACTS ON BEN STOKES
- His Batting Style is Left hand bat but his Bowling Style is Right arm fast medium.
- In 2015 in an ODI match against Australia, Stokes was given out for obstructing the field. He was the sixth batsman to be given out in that manner in an ODI game.
- Stokes wears bra as a sporting garment which holds a GPS tracker in the back.
No it’s not a sports bra…it holds out GPS tracker in the back…@root66 kills 2 birds with 1 stone with it though pic.twitter.com/VIo65iwHnj— Ben Stokes (@benstokes38) December 27, 2015
- He has a tattoo on his left arm which reads, “Being the best that you can be is only possible if you desire to be a champion and your fear of failure is non-existent”.
- Stokes was charged over a brawl that erupted in Bristol and after 11 months trial he was acquitted in 2018.