BJ Watling Wiki Biography: BJ Watling is kiwi (New Zealand) right-handed opening batsman and part-time wicket keeper. He is regarded as one of the best wicket keepers of the New Zealand Test Team.
He is retiring from cricket after the World Test Championship in England and will start his career in coaching after retirement to align his focus on his family as he recently became father again.
Also Read:- Finn Allen Wiki Biography
|Full Name||Bradley-John Watling|
|Nick Name||BJ Watling or BJ|
|Date Of Birth||9 July,1985|
|Birth Place||Durban, Natal Province, South Africa|
|International Debut||Test debut: 11th December 2009 v Pakistan|
ODI debut: 13th August 2010 v Sri Lanka
T20I debut: 12th November 2009 v Pakistan
|Profession||Cricketer ( Batsman and wicket keeper)|
|Bowling||Right-arm off-break bowler|
- He was born in Durban, South Africa but his family moved to New Zealand when he was just a 10-year-old kid.
- He was fascinated by the game of Cricket from a very young age and he got the knowledge of cricket from the former Test cricketer Chris Kuggeleijn during his school days.
- Watling studied and flourished at Hamilton Boys’ High School. Watling and his team won the Gillette Cup two times and he made it to the Under-19 Cricket World Cup in 2004. He had an above average world cup where he scored 268 runs from six games, including a half-century and a century.
- Watling was then selected in the Northern Districts team and was given the opportunity to make his first-class debut for Northern Districts in the year 2004 as a wicket-keeper. He started as an opener and started opening the batting for the team too.
- Watling made his international debut and played his maiden Test match in December 2009. He played against Pakistan, scoring 18 and 60 in the first and second innings respectively.
- In May 2012, Watling scored his maiden century when the Kiwis were playing a Test match against Zimbabwe in McLean Park, Napier.
- He also became the stand-in captain for the NZ team against England in 2015 when many players were busy playing Indian Premier League.
- In Nov 2019, in a test match against England at Oval ground, Watling scored his maiden double century and became the first wicket-keeper batsman for NZ and 9th overall in the world to score a double century in test cricket.
- Watling has announced that he will be retiring from all formats of cricket just after the World Test Championships final against India in 2021.
BJ Watling Age, Height, Weight
He is 35 years old. His height is 6 Feets and his weight is 75 kgs. Watling has Black eyes and Black hair.
|Height||In feet- 6 feet 0 inch|
In centimetre- 183 cm
|Weight||In kilogram- 75 kg|
In Pound- 165 lbs
|Age in 2021||35 Years|
|Shoe Size||10 UK|
BJ Watling’s Family
There is no information regarding his family.
He is Married. BJ Watling is married to Jess Watling. The couple has 2 children.
|Child Name||Hudson Reid Watling|
Miller George Watling
Some Interesting Facts About BJ Watling
- He was born in South Africa but plays for the New Zealand team as his family moved to New Zealand when Watling was 10 years old.
- BJ watling hasn’t played for any IPL team and any international game till now.
- His game play has been inspired from Jonty Rhodes: no big hitting but accumulation of runs through gaps.
- Watling possesses best averages and high scores with middle and lower order and scores more individual runs when the team is not doing well.
- Only wicket keeper Batsman for New Zealand to score double hundred.
- He is one of the most successful wicketkeeper batsmen for New Zealand.
BJ Watling’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||INR 14 crores or $2 Million(mostly came through cricket contracts).|
|Cars||Owns a Car|
|Does Watling consume Alcohol?||No|
|Does BJ Watling smoke Cigarettes?||No|
|Can Bj watling Swim?||Yes|
|Is Bj watling a Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is Bj watling a Jogger?||Yes|
|Food habits?||Non vegetarian|
|Sports||Cricketer by profession and Also Loves Playing Golf|