Freddie Highmore’s Wiki Biography:- Alfred Thomas Highmore commonly known as Freddie Highmore is an English Actor, Director, and Writer by profession who was born in Camden Town, London, United Kingdom.
Highmore started his acting career as a child actor with small roles on television in 1999 when he was just 7 years old. In 2004, he made his great breakthrough with the decisively acclaimed performance as the much troubled Peter Llewelyn Davies in the semi-biographical movie “Finding Neverland” by Marc Foster. He got many awards and numerous nominations for the role, including the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for the Best Young Performer, and the nominations for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role, and the Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor.
Freddie is known amongst his huge social media fan following with more than 858k followers on Instagram, above 1.8 million followers on Facebook, and exceeding 54.7k followers on Twitter.
Also Read:- Sam Claflin Wiki Biography
|Full Name||Alfred Thomas Highmore|
|Known Name||Freddie Highmore|
|Date Of Birth||14th February 1992|
|Birth Place||Camden Town, London, United Kingdom|
|Profession||English Actor, Writer, and Director|
- He made his movie debut with the film called “Women Talking Dirty” which was Coky Giedroyc’s comedy movie, released in 1999.
- He played the young King Arthur in 2001 for the TNT miniseries “The Mists of Avalon”. The movie showcased the Arthurian legends that depicted the women from Camelot and the actual power behind that throne.
- He played a young boy in the BBC miniseries “Happy Birthday Shakespeare” in 2001, a boy who has a dream of moving his beloved family to Stratford-upon-Avon.
- In 2001 itself, he has worked with his real brother in the “Women Talking Dirty” and also with his real father in the movie “Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story” which was a Hallmark Entertainment’s television movie.
- He marked his return to the big screen in 2004 with his family adventure movie “Two Brothers” which was directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud. He played the role of a son to the French Administrator who refused in believing that his new friend, the tiger cub named Sangha, can be dangerous after tasting blood. He had been a major part of the fantasy film “Five Children and It” in 2004.
- He played the main character of Charlie Bucket in the musical fantasy movie “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” by Tim Burton. He was highly recommended by his co-star Johnny Depp as they have worked together before in “Finding Neverland”. Depp got impressed by this young performer’s acting and thus he forwarded his name as his reference for the role. Highmore was so dedicated and stubborn not to look at the original 1971 version of the movie, yet decided not to watch it by the time he is through with filming so that his role doesn’t get influenced anyhow. For the role, he had again won the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for the Best Young Performer and was also awarded the Satellite Award for Outstanding New Talent. Highmore even lent his voice to the film’s additional video game with the same name again.
- Freddie got to appear in his next as the young Max Skinner in Ridley Scott’s comedy-drama movie “A Good Year”, which got released on 27th October 2006 in the UK. In 2006 itself, he began the portrayal of the protagonist Arthur Montgomery in the live-animated-action-fantasy-adventure movie “Arthur and the Invisibles” which was released on 13th December 2006.
- He had lent his voice to the adventurous-fantasy movie “The Golden Compass” in 2007 and the accompanying video game with the same name. In 2007, he was seen portraying the title role in the drama movie “August Rush”.
- In 2008, Freddie had played the American twin characters Jared Grace and Simon Grace for the fantasy adventurous film named, “The Spiderwick Chronicles”, which was based on the very famous children’s stories of the same name by Tony DiTerlizzi.
- For the lead role in the animated movie “Astro Boy”, Highmore has voiced the lead character and even provided his voice to the associated video game too, “Astro Boy: The Video Game” in 2009.
- In “Toast” he played the main lead role. It was an autobiographical movie which was about chef Nigel Slater and got aired on 30th December 2010. In 2010 itself, he starred in the drama film “Master Harold…and the Boys” as Hally Ballard. The movie was based on a play of the same name by Athol Fugard. In the following year, he was the co-star in the romantic-drama-comedy movie “The Art of Getting By” 2011.
- In the adventure animated movie “Justin and the Knights of Valour”, Highmore voiced the main title character in the year 2013. From 2013 to 2017, he played the much-hyped iconic character of Norman Bates in the A&E thriller-drama series “Bates Motel”, a prequel to the Alfred Hitchcock movie “Psycho’ which restarted the storyline in the present day.
- He had won the People’s Choice Award in 2016 for his spectacular performance, and even got nominated for the Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Actor in Drama Series (in 2014-2015 and 2017 also), the Satellite Award for Best Actor-Television Series Drama (in 2013) and the Saturn Award for Best Actor on Television (in 2013). He put forward his foot into directing and writing while working on the series, meanwhile, he wrote the 4th season episode of “Unfaithful” and also the 5th season episode of “Inseparable” and he also directed the 5th season episode of “The Body”.
- He had also appeared in a music video by Libertines for “You’re My Waterloo” in the year 2015.
- Highmore has starred in the BBC Two 7-part miniseries “Close to the Enemy” by Stephen Poliakoff and the political-drama movie “The Journey” by Nick Hamm.
- He happily took on the lead character of Dr. Shaun Murphy, an autistic savant, for the drama series ABC “The Good Doctor”, for which he got nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series for his amazing performance.
- Highmore was cast for the voice of the Duke of Cheshire in the animation movie adaptation of “The Centerville Ghost”. He was found to play the main title character, Baby Face Nelson for the A&E drama pilot “Baby Face”, for which he will be the executive producer and also co-wrote it with Kerry Ehrin. He will even executive produce the drama pilot “Long Distance for NBC” by Ehrin.
- He had formed his own Sony-aligned production company with the name, Alfresco Pictures, in August 2018, which aims to develop scripted series for the streaming services, cable, broadcast, and international co-productions projects.
Freddie Highmore’s Age, Height, Weight
He is 30 years old. His height is 5 feet 10 inches. Freddie’s eyes and hair colors are Green and Dark Brown respectively.
|Age||30 years old|
|Height||In Feet & Inches:- 5′ 10″ |
In Centimetres:- 178 cm
|Weight||In Kgs:- 70 kgs |
In Pounds:- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements||Chest : 37″ |
|Clothing Size||Not known|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Freddie Highmore’s Family
He was born in Camden Town, London, England, the United Kingdom on 14th February 1992.
He was born to Edward Thomas Highmore and Sue Latimer. Edward is a former Actor, whereas Sue is a talented agent. Sue’s client list includes Imelda Staunton and Daniel Radcliffe.
He has shared his loving childhood playing around his younger brother, Albert Samuel Highmore, who also is a British Actor. He is well-known by the name Bertie and is also an actor by profession. He has also like his big brother started working at an early of 4.
|Father Name||Edward Thomas Highmore|
|Mother Name||Sue Latimer|
|Sibling/s||Albert Samuel Highmore (Younger Brother)|
Life & Relationship
Alfred Thomas Highmore is married to Klarissa Munz. They suddenly announced that they married each other in November 2021. It was a quiet affair and no one knew about the same.
Some Interesting And Unknown Facts About Freddie Highmore
- Freddie has good command over English, Spanish, French and Arabic languages.
- His complexion is white and his trademark is his voice.
- He used to live in Highgate, North London earlier. He got his primary education from the Hampstead Garden Suburb which was near Golders Green, located in the London Borough of Barnet.
- Freddie did his graduation via a scholarship that he gained from the Highgate School, which is an independent school in Highgate, London.
- He had scored straight grade A’s in the Science, Mathematics, English Language and English Literature, Spanish, Latin, French, Biology, Geography, Physics, and Chemistry in his GCSEs Examination 2008.
- Again in 2010, he scored straight A grades in his Mathematics, Spanish, French, and Further Mathematics in the A-Level Examinations.
- He went to Emmanuel College in Cambridge from 2010 to 2014, where he earned a double first in the Spanish Language and the Arabic Language.
- He had worked at the Gulf Bank in Kuwait for his internship in 2012 and worked at the law firm in Madrid while he was abroad while he was filming for the two seasons of “Bates Motel” which made him briefly consider becoming a lawyer after his graduation.
Freddie Highmore’s Net Worth
Freddie has a net worth of approx USD 7.5 Million, and his major source of earnings is from being a Movie Actor.
|Net Worth||$7.5 Million approx (evaluated last in 2020)|
|Houses||Resides in London, England|
Hobbies, Interests, Favourites
|Favorite Color||Not known|
|Favorite Place||Not known|
|Favorite Drink||Not known|
|Favorite Instrument||Not known|
|Favorite Actor||Not known|
|Favorite Actress||Not known|
|Favorite Singer||Not known|
|Favorite Films||Not known|
|Favorite T.V. Show||Not known|
|Favorite Bands||Not known|
|Favorite Workout||Not known|