Gillian Anderson Wiki Biography: Gillian Leigh Anderson better known as Gillian Anderson is an American Actress and Writer. She was born in Chicago, Illinois, USA. She has dual citizenship in the USA as well as the United Kingdom.
Anderson used to act in plays in her initial days and started her acting career with Alan Ayckbourn’s play Absent Friends at Manhattan Theatre Club in 1991. For this play, Gillian also won the Theatre Award for Best Newcomer. She did two short films in 1986 and 1988 but her first featured film was released in 1992 with the title “The Turning” where she starred along with Karen Allen and Tess Harper.
Gillian started acting in various high school productions during her first year and later in community theatre. She has studied & graduated from theatre school at DePaul University in Chicago and then moved to New York to pursue her acting career.
Gillian is very popular on social media. Anderson has around 1.4 Million followers on Instagram and over 720K followers on Twitter.
Also Read:- Rakhee Thakrar Wiki Biography
|Full Name||Gillian Leigh Anderson|
|Nick Name||Gillian Anderson|
|Date Of Birth||August 9, 1968|
|Birth Place||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Profession||Actress and Writer|
Gillian Anderson Age, Height, Weight
Gillian’s age is 53 years. Gillian is 5 feet 3 inches tall and her weight is 59 kg. Her eye and hair colors are Greyish Blue and Dark Blonde respectively. Her body measurements are 34-26-35.
|Height||5 feet 3 inch|
|Weight||In kilogram- 59 Kg|
In Pounds:- 130.07 lbs
|Age in 2020||53 Years|
|Eye Colour||Greyish Blue|
|Hair Colour||Dark Blonde|
|Shoe Size||7 US|
Gillian Anderson Family
Anderson was born on August 9, 1968, in Chicago City in Illinois, USA. The name of Gillian’s father is Edward Anderson and her mother’s name is Rosemary Alycee. She also has 2 siblings, a sister named Zoe Anderson and a brother named Aaron Anderson.
Married Life & Boyfriend
Gillian Anderson is Divorced. She got married two times and both led to divorce in the end. She first married Clyde Klotz in 1994 but both got divorced in 1997. Later she got married to Julian Ozanne in 2004 but the marriage lasted for only two years and the couple got divorced in 2006. Gillian has also dated Mark Griffiths from 2006 to 2012 but they never married each other. Gillian is currently in a relationship with Peter Morgan since 2016.
|Affairs and Boyfriends||Mark Griffiths(2006-2012)|
Some Interesting Facts And Career Information About Gillian Anderson
- In her early days of life Gillian was interested in Marine Biology.
- After becoming interested in theatre during her teenage years, She soon began acting in high school productions.
- She has also acted on community theatre.
- Gillian was also an Internn at the Grand Rapids Civic Theatre & School Of Theatre Arts.
- She passed her high school in 1986. After that she attended The Theatre School at DePaul University in Chicago and graduated with Bachelor Of Fine Arts Degree in 1990.
- Her stage debut came in 1974 with the play Absent Friends and subsequently won the Theatre World Award for Best Newcomer for Absent Friends.
- She acted in film for the first time in 1986 with the short film Three At Once.
- Her first featured film was The Turning(1992).
- Gillian won the Prime Emmy Award For Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series in 1997.
- Gillian has also won the Golden Globe Awards for Best Actress- Television Series Drama in 1997 for her role as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully in The X-Files.
- Anderson’s favourite Musicians are The Civil Wars, Gustavo Santaolalla, Kings Of Leon, Coldplay, Mumford & Sons and Bon Iyer.
- She loves eating Chocolates.
- She likes eating food which is rich in ingredients.
Gillian’s Net Worth
Anderson’s net worth is $35 Million USD. Her income sources are mainly Acting.
Anderson likes to do Meditation. She is very fond of chocolates and loves eating food that is rich in ingredients.