Jodie Comer Wiki Biography:- Jodie Marie Comer commonly known as Jodie Comer is a British Actress who hails from England, United Kingdom.
She initially started her professional career back in 2008 with a guest appearance role in an episode of “The Royal Today”, a medical drama spin-off series “The Royal”. Jodie has also been nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress in a drama series and even three British Academy Television Awards for British Actress, where she won both in the year 2019.
Jodie also appeared in the film The Last Duet alongside Ben Affleck, Adam Driver, and Matt Damon. The film got released on 15th October 2021 worldwide.
Jodie is well-known and quite popular on social media platforms with more than 201k followers on Facebook and over 2.1 million followers on Instagram.
Also Read:- Charles Melton Wiki Biography
|Full Name||Jodie Marie Comer|
|Known Name||Jodie Comer|
|Date Of Birth||11th March 1993|
|Birth Place||Liverpool, England, United Kingdom|
- She began her professional career in 2008 with a guest appearance role in an episode of “The Royal Today”, a medical drama spin-off series “The Royal”.
- She was then seen in the series named, “Waterloo Road”, “Doctors”, Holby City”, “Casualty”, Silent Witness”, Inspector George Gently”, Vera” and “Law & Order: UK”.
- She was then cast in the leading roles in the supernatural miniseries “Remember Me”, the E4 comedy-drama series “My Mad Fat Diary” as Chloe Gemell, and the five-episode drama series “Justice”.
- She has also appeared in the 2015 BBC One broadcast adaptation film of “Lady Chatterley’s Lover”.
- In 2015, she has also appeared in the BBC One drama series “Doctor Foster” as Kate Parks.
- In the BBC Three miniseries “Thirteen”, she was cast in her first starring role as Ivy Moxam, which premiered in February 2016 and had earned her the nominations for the British Academy Television Award for the Best Actress.
- In December 2016, she had appeared in the miniseries of BBC “Rillington Place” where she portrayed the character of Beryl Evans, one of the victims of the serial killer John Christie.
- She was even listed for one of the “Stars of Tomorrow” of Screen International in association with the BFI London Film Festival.
- In the year 2017, she was starred as the young Elizabeth of York in “The White Princess” on Starz, a sequel of the BBC miniseries “The White Queen”.
- She even made her feature debut with the film in 2017, as Christine in the Morrissey biopic “England Is Mine”.
- She then started starring in the BBC spy thriller series in the year 2018 “Killing Eve” as a psychopathic Russian assassin, Villanelle, and has also gathered critical acclaim for her remarkable performance.
- Jodie has won the Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress in the drama series for her best-known role as the Oksana Astankova / Villanelle in the famous British spy drama thriller “Killing Eye’. Other than that she has also won British Academy Television Awards for British Actress, where she won both in the year 2019.
- She was one of those actresses in the series of BBC Four June 2018 monologues called “Snatches: Moments From Women’s Lives” which was based on the events that took place in the century since women had first won the vote.
- She then appeared in the episodes of “Bovril Pam”, where she had portrayed the role of a secretary of 1960s Liverpool exploring her sexuality.
- In 2018, She was also ranked 94th on Radio Times “TV 100” list.
- Also in the same year in November 2018, the popular American Magazine “The Hollywood Reporter” even included her in their “Next-Gen Talent 2018: Hollywood’s Rising Young Stars” list.
- In April 2019, Jodie was asked about her upcoming project during the “Happy Sad Confused” podcast interview where she revealed that she was forced to leave Kenneth Branagh’s adaptation of Agatha Christie’s “Death on the Nile” due to the scheduling conflicts.
- Jodie performed a brief cameo in the year 2019 film “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”, as Rey’s mother in the flashbacks.
- It was announced in December 2018 that she was finalized for the action comedy film cast “Free Guy”, and began its shooting in May 2019. She was the main and lead in the female role along with Ryan Reynolds. She was seen portraying two roles in the movie, one as Millie (a game developer) and the other as Molotov Girl (Millie’s game avatar). Later the movie got released on 13th August 2021. The cover version of Mariah Carey’s song “Fantasy” was sung by Jodie herself and was used in the film as well.
- In June 2020, she portrayed the lead role of Lesley in a BBC iPlayer reboot of the Talking Heads episode “Her Big Chance”.
- Later in 2021, she then teamed with the writer Jack Thorne and the actor Stephen Graham for the Channel 4 drama “Help”, where she played the character of a young home care worker who struggled during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic situations in the UK. She also acted as the executive producer as well.
- In Ridley Scott’s “The Last Duet”, Jodie was one amongst the other actors like Ben Affleck, Adam Driver, and Matt Damon. The film got released on 15th October 2021 worldwide.
- Jodie’s upcoming projects include her West End theatre debut in Suzie Miller’s play titled ‘Prima Facie” at Harold Pinter Theatre, which is likely to start in April 2022 and is scheduled to finish in June 2022.
- She is also booked to star in Acron TV’s drama film “Help” which will be directed by Marc Munden.
Jodie Comer’s Age, Height, Weight
She is 28 years old. Jodie’s height is 5 feet 8 inches and her weight is 58 kgs. Her eyes and hair colors are Hazel and Dark Brown respectively.
|Age||28 years old|
|Height||In Feet & Inches:- 5’8″ |
In Centimetres:- 173 cm
In Metres:- 1.73 m
|Weight||In Kgs:- 58 kgs |
In Pounds:- 128 pounds
|Clothing Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Jodie Comer’s Family
Jodie was born on 11th March 1993 in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom. She was born to Jimmy (Father) and Donna (Mother).
She had spent her childhood around her brother, Charlie.
Married Life & Relationship
Jodie is currently unmarried. As per reports, she is said to be in a relationship with the American Lacrosse Player, James Bruke.
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
Some Interesting And Unknown Facts About Jodie Comer
- She was born in Liverpool, England but spent her childhood in the city’s Childwall suburb.
- Jodie went to St. Julie’s Catholic High School in the Woolton suburb and while she attended her school, she became friends with the future Olympic athlete Katarina Johnson-Thompson.
- Jodie came into the limelight of her School’s Drama Teacher when performed a monologue for her School Talent Show after she was removed from the group dance by her friends due to not being able to attend the practices.
- After that, her School Drama Teacher sent her to an audition for the BBC Radio 4 play, which eventually became Jodie’s first-ever acting job.
- Her co-stars in the BBC Radio 4 play told her that she can be a good actor and can earn a living out of that too and also advised her to get a good agent.
- While she was pursuing her acting career, Jodie had worked in a bar and even in the Tesco Supermarket as a cashier.
- Jodie had even spoken about the class discrimination she had faced and experienced closely as she comes from a working-class background itself.
- She is also the brand ambassador of the skincare brand Noble Panacea as announced in March 2020.
Gemma Arterton Wiki Biography, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Net Worth & More
Jodie Comer’s Net Worth
Jodie has a net worth is from $3 Million. Her primary source of earning is from being an Actor.
|Net Worth||USD 3 Million|
|Houses||Living in own house|
Hobbies, Interests, Favourites
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
|Favorite Color||Not Known|
|Favorite Place||Not Known|
|Favorite Drink||Not Known|
|Favorite Sports||Not Known|
|Favorite Sports Person||Not Known|
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Films||Not Known|
|Favorite Workout||Not Known|