Natalie Portman Wiki Biography:- Natalie Hershlag now known as Natalie Portman is an Israeli-born American actress, director, and producer who was born in Jerusalem, Israel.
She made her acting debut with the action-drama film Léon: The Professional in 1994 at an age of 12. Her theatre debut came in 1998 when she was in high school. She first appeared in a drama in Broadway theatre in a 1998 production of The Diary of a Young Girl. Natalie came into the limelight and gained international recognition portraying the role of Padmé Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace in 1999. Portman is also famous for portraying the role of Jane Foster in the Marvel superhero films Thor (2011) and Thor: The Dark World (2013).
She did her schooling at Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School in Rockville, Maryland, and also attended a Jewish elementary school, the Solomon Schechter Day School of Nassau County. She has also studied ballet and modern dance at the American Theater Dance Workshop and has also attended the Usdan Center for the Creative and Performing Arts regularly. Natalie has a bachelor’s degree in psychology which she got from Harvard University. She has also studied advanced Hebrew literature and Neurobiology.
Also Read:- Linda Cardellini Wiki Biography
|Real Name||Natalie Hershlag|
|Nick Name||Natalie Portman|
|Date Of Birth||June 9, 1981|
|Birth Place||Jerusalem, Israel|
|Religion||She was raised Irish Catholic but started practicing Judaism in 2013|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology|
|Profession||Actress, Director, and Producer|
- Natalie was spotted by a Revlon agent at a pizza restaurant and asked her to become a child model she was ten years old.
- She started her acting career in 1994 at an age of 12 with an action-drama film Léon: The Professional.
- She was also cast opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Baz Luhrmann’s film Romeo + Juliet in 1996 but later dropped out when studio executives found her too young for the role.
- In 1998, she portrayed the role of Anne Frank in a Broadway theatre adaptation of The Diary of Anne Frank which was staged at the Music Box Theatre from December 1997 to May 1998.
- She also hosted an episode of the television sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live in 2006.
- Her first English language film was My Blueberry Nights in 2007.
- She has also acted with Scarlett Johansson in the film The Other Boleyn Girl in 2008.
- She also acted in the American psychological horror film Black Swan in 2010.
- Portman then appeared in a romantic comedy film No Strings Attached in 2011 opposite Ashton Kutcher.
- She then made her Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in 2011 film Thor where she portrayed the role of Jane Foster. She continued her role of Jane Foster in Thor: The Dark World 2013.
- Natalie also portrayed the role of Jacqueline Kennedy in the biopic Jackie in 2016.
- She then appeared in the science fiction film Annihilation in 2018.
- Also, Natalie Portman will next appear in her role as Jane Foster in MCU movie Thor: Love and Thunder, which will be released in 2022.
Natalie Portman Age, Height, Weight
She is 40 years old. She is 5 feet 3 inches tall and her weight is 53.5 kgs. Her eye and hair color is Hazel and Dark Brown. Her body measurements are 34-25-34.
In Centimetres:- 160
|Weight||53.5 Kgs |
In pounds:- 117.9
Natalie Portman Family
She was born in Jerusalem City of Israel on June 9, 1981. Her father’s name is Avner Hershlag who is an Israeli gynecologist. Her mother’s name is Shelley Stevens who works as a talent agent.
|Father Name||Avner Hershlag|
|Mother Name||Shelley Stevens|
Married Life & Boyfriend
Natalie Portman is Married. She married French choreographer Benjamin Millepied on August 4, 2012. The couple has2 children, a son named Aleph born in 2011, and a daughter named Amalia born in 2017. They have been in a relationship and dating each other since 2009.
Some Interesting Facts About Natalie Portman
- Natalie Portman adopted her paternal grandmother’s maiden name, Portman, as her stage name to protect her privacy.
- She has also served as a jury member of the 2008 Cannes Film Festival.
- She also launched her own production company with the name handsomecharlie films, after her late pet dog.
- Natalie also topped the Forbes’ list of the most bankable stars in Hollywood in 2012.
- She has appeared in Paul McCartney’s music video titled “My Valentine”, alongside Johnny Depp in 2012.
- Forbes estimated her income in 2014 from the previous year to be $13 million and also featured her in their Celebrity 100 listing of 2014.
- Natalie founded the production company named MountainA with her producing partner, Sophie Mas in March 2021 and also signed a first-look television deal with Apple TV+.
- She has won a total of 39 awards including an Academy Award and two Golden Globe Awards.
- Natalie’s favourite actors are Michael Fassbender, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Leonardo Di Caprio and Jude Law.
- Her favourite actresses are Meryl Streep, Isabelle Hupert, Julia Roberts and Kate Winslet.
- She likes watching movies and TV shows and few of her favourite TV shows Mad Men, Girls, Transparent and Broad City.
- She also loves reading books and her favourite books are A Tale of Love and Darkness, The Diary of Anne Frank and Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
- Natalie favourite’s destinations where she likes to visit are Paris, New York, Berlin, Amsterdam and Austin.
- One of her favourite colour is Purple.
- She loves watching professional wrestling.
Natalie has gained a lot of popularity on Instagram. She has over 7.4 Million followers on Instagram. Except for Instagram, she is not much active on any other social media platform.
Natalie Portman’s Net Worth
She has a net worth of $90 Million and her income comes mainly from films and Brand Endorsements.
|Net Worth||$90 Million|
|Earnings in 2020||Not Known|
|Income Source||Movies and Brands Endorsements|
|Annual Salary||Not Known|
|Does Natalie Portman, Consume Alcohol?||No|
|Does Natalie, Smoke Cigarettes?||No|
|Can she Drive?||Yes|
|Can she Swim?||Yes|
|Is she a Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is she a Jogger?||Yes|
Natalie Portman is very fond of Dancing and Reading. She loves eating Brussel Sprouts and Grilled Cheese. She also likes Travelling and a few of her favorite destinations are Paris, New York, Berlin, Amsterdam, and Austin.
|Hobbies||Dancing and Reading|
|Food||Ice Cream, Brussel Sprouts, Grilled Cheese, Tomato Sandwiches, Tofu, Black Beans, Chocolate, Bread, Beans, Lentils and Pasta|
|Music||Hip Hop and Indie|
|Sports||Football and Tennis|