Penn Badgley Wiki Biography:- Penn Dayton Badgley commonly known as Penn Badgley is an American Actor, famous for his role in The CW teen drama series “The Gossip Girl” (2007-2012) as Dan Humphrey.
He made his debut with the soap opera “The Young and the Restless” (2000-2001) where he was seen playing Phillip Chancellor IV, which got him recognition and the Young Artist Award nominations too.
Penn is quite popular amongst his huge social media fan following with more than 2.4 million followers on Facebook, around 580.7k followers on Twitter, and over 4.3 million followers on Instagram.
Also Read:- Charles Melton Wiki Biography
|Full Name||Penn Dayton Badgley|
|Known Name||Penn Badgley|
|Date Of Birth||01st November 1986|
|Birth Place||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Profession||American Actor & Musician|
- He was seen playing the roles of Dan Humphrey in the CW teen drama series “Gossip Girl” from 2007 till 2012 and then he is well-known for playing the character of Joe Goldberg in the thriller series of Netflix “You” since 2018 till present.
- Then he can be seen in the comedy films like, “John Tucker Must Die” in 2006 and “Drive-Thru” in 2007.
- His amazing breakthrough performance could be seen in the “Gossip Girl” a teen drama series of The CW where he played Dan Humphrey from 2007 till 2012. He even received Teen Choice Award’s six nominations.
- He was also seen in many films, such as the thriller movie “The Stepfather” in 2009, a teen-comedy-drama movie “Easy A” in 2010, the financial thriller movie “Margin Call” in 2011, a biological movie “Greetings From Tim Buckley” in 2012 and an independent drama movie “The Paper Store” in 2016.
- For the movie “Margin Call” in 2011, he had won an Independent Spirit Award.
- Penn has been currently portraying the role of Joe Goldberg for the Netflix thriller series “You” since 2018 until today, which got him critical acclaim as well and the Saturn Award nomination.
- Besides acting, Penn has also worked in the music industry as well. He was the lead singer for the Brooklyn-based indie band “MOTHXR”, whose studio debut album “Centerfold” was released in the year 2016.
Penn Badgley’s Age, Height, Weight
He is 35 years old. His height is 5 feet 9 inches. Penn’s eye and hair colors are Dark Brown and Black respectively.
|Age||35 years old|
|Height||In Feet & Inches:- 5’9″ |
In Centimetres:- 175.26 cm
In Metres:- 1.75 m
|Weight||In Kgs:- 71 kgs |
In Pounds:- 175.5 pounds
|Body Measurements||44-28-40 approx|
|Bicep Size||21 inches|
|Clothing Size||Not known|
|Shoe Size||US 8|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Penn Badgley’s Family
Penn was born on 01st November 1986 in Baltimore city in Maryland. His father’s name is Duff Badgley who was a newspaper reporter and then he shifted on to being a carpenter and home builder. Penn’s mother’s name is Lynne Murphy Badgley.
His father was the Green Party candidate for the governor of Washington in the year 2008. When Penn was 12 years old, his parents got divorced.
Penn is the only child of his parents. Also, Megan Murphy is his cousin.
|Father’s Name||Duff Badgley|
|Mother’s Name||Lynne Murphy Badgley|
Life & Relationship
He is married. Penn married singer Domino Kirke in 2017. They together have a child named, James Badgley who was born in 2020.
Penn and Domino started dating in 2014 initially. Domino also had a son named, Cassius from her past relationship. After facing two miscarriages, they finally announced having a son in 2020.
Penn was also in a secret relationship with Blake Lively from 2007 to 2010. After that, Penn even dated American actress Zoe Kravitz from 2011 to 2013. Kravitz is also a model and a singer.
|Married On||27th February 2017|
|Kids||James Badgley (born in 2020)|
Some Interesting And Unknown Facts About Penn Badgley
- Penn has attended Woolridge Elementary, where his mother has served as a PTA President. Later he got transferred to St. Christopher’s School in Richmond, Virginia.
- He had a great interest in acting since he was a kid and even showed his interest and involvement in the Pine Nut Players community theatre in the Monroe, Washington, and Seattle Children’s Theatre. Penn’s dream was also to become a musician.
- Penn was well supported by his mother who kept supporting him in his acting efforts always. His mother worked various jobs to support him and his acting options and later she began with beginning a business in jewelry design with Badgley’s godmother, Jane Sneed.
- He once admitted that he skipped high school when he was 14 and also stated that he took the proficiency exam and simply began attending Santa Monica College. Penn has also gone to Charles Wright Academy in Tacoma, Washington.
- Then, Penn got accepted by the University of Southern California, his admission got deferred due to contractual obligations. Later, Penn enrolled for 2-years at the Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon.
- He is even said to have been homeschooling along with Blake Lively, his future partner, and co-star. They both dated from 2007 to 2010.
- He even once recalled wanting to make music as a 12-year-old and recorded a never-released pop song in 1998. In an interview, he also referred to it as “misguided” and “terrible”.
- He can play instruments like strings, guitar, bass.
- Talking about his ethnicity, Penn has German, English, Irish along with a bit of Scottish, French/Canadian ancestry, with approx 1/32th of African-Jamaican, and distant Welsh, French Huguenot, and Dutch roots too.
- Penn has a tattoo on his right leg.
- Penn had his first kiss when he was 11 years old.
- He had been captured on pictures smoking cigarettes.
- Penn already turned down the offer and the role of Dan Humphrey twice before accepting it in 2007.
Penn Badgley’s Net Worth
He has a net worth is from $8-$9 Million. His primary source of earnings is Acting and Brand Endorsement.
|Net Worth||USD 8 to 9 Million (approx)|
|Houses||Living in Los Angeles, California|
Hobbies, Interests, Favourites
|Favorite Food||Not known|
|Favorite Colour||Not known|
|Favorite Place||Not known|
|Favorite Drink||Not known|
|Favorite Sports||Not known|
|Favorite Sports Person||Not known|
|Favorite Actor||Not known|
|Favorite Actress||Not known|
|Favorite Films||Mean Girls (2004)|
|Favorite T.V. Show||Friends (1994-2004)|
|Favorite Workout||Not known|