Thalaivi(2021) Movie Review:
Thalaivi is a highly awaited 2021 Indian political Biopic multilingual movie. It will be released on 10 September. The Thalaivi star cast consists of stars like Kangana Ranaut and Arvind Swamy in important roles. This movie will first release in cinema theatres and after 2 weeks it will be released on Amazon Prime and after a 4-week theatrical run, it will be released in Tamil and other languages via Netflix. Thalaivi will be directed by AL Vijay and produced by Vishnu Vardhan Induri and Shailesh R Singh.
Thalaivi has finally got a theatre release on 10 September 2021. It can be watched on the OTT platforms on Amazon video streaming platform and Netflix if you own their subscription after theatrical release.
Thalaivi Age Rating: U (Universal Viewing)
Check out all things about Thalaivi below
Also Read:- City Of Dreams: Season 2 Review
|Arvind Swamy||M.G. Ramachandran (MGR)|
|Rajiv Kumar A.||L K Advani|
Thalaivi trailer was released on 23rd March 2021 in Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil languages.
Best things from the Trailer:
- Some dialogues are note-worthy and background music brings out goosebumps.
- The movie does possess a good scale and good visuals.
- The trailer looks quite brilliant and has been edited beautifully.
- The good news is that movie is releasing on 10 September and there is not much of a wait after so many delays.
- Kangana is getting her 5th National Award that’s a sure shot.
The worst thing(s) about the trailer:
- The old-age look of Jayalalithaa doesn’t look good as prosthetics work could have been better.
Thalaivii swirls around the life of late politician Maa Jayalalithaa. In the movie, Ranaut will be seen essaying the supposed role of Jayalalithaa the actress turned mass leader.” Thalaivi” will showcase her story of success and her relationship with the Former actor turned Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Mr. MG Ramachandran.
Looks of various actors cast in the movie:
Release Date & Where to Watch
The movie was initially going to release on 23 March but then the second wave hit all the parts of India and we saw the postponement of plans from the movie makers.
Now if all goes well, the movie is releasing on 10th September in all the currently running cinema halls with all the necessary covid restrictions.
You can stream the movie on Amazon prime video: 2 weeks after the theatrical release in Hindi.
You can also stream the movie on Netflix: 4 weeks after the theatrical release in Tamil and other remaining languages.
Amazon prime subscription charges are ₹999 for one year and it also includes other Amazon services like Amazon Music, Amazon prime shopping complementary with video streaming service.
Netflix subscription charges are ₹800 for one month (4 users) and the cheapest one is ₹200 per month for single devices.
Review:(will be updated on 10 September)
Reasons to watch this movie:
- Kangana’s perfect act is surely going to provide her next National Award.
- Nasser as “Karunanidhi” and Arvind Swami as “MGR” are examples of one of the best casting decisions.
- Movie has some seeti-maar(whiste blowing) dialogues.
- The woman against patriarchy theme works fine for the movie.
Reasons to avoid this movie:
- Movie has been made like a typical Bollywood biography movie, we saw the same treatment as Shakuntala Devi’s biopic (We were hoping for a Bhagg Milkha Bhagg kind of cinema).
- Nasser’s character of Karunanidhi could have some more screentime.
- Madhoo(MGR’s wife), Bhagyashree (Jaya’s mother), and Poorna (Sasikala) are wasted.
Whether to watch it or not:
It is a good one-time watch.
Rating : 6.5/10(Average)